Saturday, May 23, 2009

16 Sweet 80s Metal Videos




I spent a part of a lazy Saturday morning watching Decline of Western Civilization 2 - The Metal Years. Seeing the heroes, has-beens and never-wases of 80s metal had me pining for some 80s rock, so I spent the next hour (or so) on YouTube. Here are 16 videos that rocked my socks, leather pants and gravity-defying poufy mullet back in the day.

Cum On Feel the Noize - Quiet Riot watch
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake watch
Nuthin' But a Good Time - Poison watch
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns n' Roses watch
Up All Night - Slaughter watch
Round and Round - Ratt watch
Eyes of a Stranger - Queensryche watch
Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford watch
Nobody's Fool - Cinderella watch
Once Bitten, Twice Shy - Great White watch
Seventeen - Winger watch
Looks That Kill - Motley Crue watch
Armageddon It - Def Leppard watch
Runaway - Bon Jovi watch
Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions watch
Uncle Tom's Cabin - Warrant watch

What rocked your big-hair world in the 80s?

4 comments:

  1. I saw you tweet this post and I thought "he'd better have Ratt on that list." And of course there it is!

    Nice call on Queensryche, I'd pretty much forgotten about that tune. I love that Floyd meets glam metal thing.

    ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK! How about White Lion? Skid Row.. Quiet Riot..

    ReplyDelete
  3. White Lion were never my cup of tea - I should include '18 and Life' from Skid Row, Quiet Riot is already there. I should actually include Britny Fox, Black 'n Blue, Kingdom Come & Bulletboys, too \m/

    Look for Part 2... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about You've Got Another Thing Comin, by Judas Priest? Alwasy thought this song rocked.

    Don't think there's an official video, but here's a link to a live clip from '86:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqjR5z4n_oc

    ReplyDelete